The Building Regulations help ensure that structures are built and can be used safely. Building Regulations approval is required when:
- Construction of a new dwelling, shop, office workshop etc.
- Changing the use of a building, e.g. garage to living acommodation, office to shop etc.
- Building an extension, e.g. sun lounge, kitchen, bay window etc.
- Renovation to Thermal Elements ie External walls, roof, floors etc.
- Changing the internal structure, by removing load-bearing supporting walls etc.
- Provision of a bathroom, shower, toilet, drains etc.
- Installing or replacing heating appliances requiring flues.
- Constructing a new chimney or flue
- Installation of unnvented hot water systems, solar panels, PV panels etc.
- Converting roof space into living accommodation, or carry out structural alterations within the roof space.
- Forming openings in walls or roof for new windows, doors etc.
- Installation of cavity wall insulation or additional roofspace insulation.
- Underpinning the foundations.
- Re-covering a roof with a heavier or lighter roofing material.
Note: Any building work or work required by the change of use of any building usually requires Building Regulation approval.
For Further Information Contact Magherafelt District Council Building Control Department